Friday, May 10, 2013

Week 1 Recap

Yesterday I finished my first week of the Take Shape for Life program.  I lost 6 pounds.  On the one hand - wow - that is great.  6 pounds is a fair amount of weight.  On the other hand, weighing myself and looking at my goals just reminds me how darn far I have to go.  It's overwhelming to say the least.  Still, I'm trying to celebrate this victory.  I followed the plan to a T this week and that is a victory.  I lost 6 pounds and that is a victory.  The plan is getting easier to follow every day and that is a victory.
Here are my impressions of the Take Shape for Life plan after one week of carefully following the "5 and 1" weight loss plan.
- Eating 6 times a day is a lot of times to eat.
- The appropriate size meal for eating 6 times a day is very small (at least on a calorie restricted diet like this).
- I sleep better on this plan than I was sleeping before.
- Sleep is a good way to avoid end of the day hunger.
- Medifast chocolate pudding is my favorite Medifast meal.
- Medifast strawberry shakes are nasty and the only thing I have deemed necessary to return.  I shipped it back to Medifast on Tuesday.
- For a prepared food diet, I spend a lot of time mixing, cooking, microwaving, etc.
- My kids can not be convinced not to beg for my food, no matter how strange it may smell.
So that's my first week, folks.  I'll be updating weekly from this point forward unless I have something notable to record midweek.

No comments:

Post a Comment