Thursday, May 30, 2013

Weeks 3 and 4

I didn't post last week because I was just too freaking busy.  I lost 1.8 pounds - a disappointment to be sure.  I know that nearly 2 pounds is fair weight loss for most people, but when you're in the 250's, it just seems infinitesimal.
This last weekend I went on my first trip since I've started TSFL.  I was at a conference.  I had paid for a meal plan before going, so staying on plan was an extra bit of a challenge.  I had only paid for lunches, so I decided lunch time would be when I had my "lean and green" meal.  I had to improvise with the somewhat shady buffet items, but I think I did ok.  I was very good about drinking enough water, but missed a few of my meal replacements.
I missed meal replacements because I was busy and I'm no longer feeling very hungry when it's time to eat.  A friend of mine who did TSFL had this experience as well - where she never really felt hungry on the plan.  I was hoping that as I adjusted to the program this would happen and it has!  Now I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to eat because I know that eating enough is part of what makes the program work.
I had a much better weight loss this week.  I lost 3.6 pounds.  I would really like to be losing between 3 and 4 pounds a week while I'm still weighing in the mid-200's, so I'm happy with this number.  I'm already anxious to see how I'll do next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment